E-prescribing or electronic prescribing involves the use of software and tools that enable healthcare providers to electronically create and transmit prescriptions directly to pharmacy systems. Recently, electronic prescribing has been replacing the use of paper and faxed prescriptions by electronically generating, transmitting and filling prescriptions. E-prescribing offers the ability to electronically send error-free and understandable prescriptions from the healthcare provider to the pharmacy and greatly reduces the risks associated with handwritten prescriptions.
At DocuTrac, we have partnered with DrFirst to incorporate e-prescribing functionality into our QuicDoc® EMR Professional and Enterprise Edition Software. The DrFirst integration provides a secure, powerful, and easy to use e-prescribing system.
Key features of our e-prescribing software:
- Securely sign and send controlled substance prescriptions consistent with DEA requirements
- Maintain a complete medication and allergy history check for drug interactions with those medications and allergies
- Complete refill authorizations in seconds with one click renewals
- Prescribe controlled substances electronically
- Prescription delivery available through Surescripts certified technology
Contact us at 1-800-850-8510 for more information about QuicDoc EMR with electronic prescribing functionality.